Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Promises Made

I kept our hand-written personal wedding vows and told Francis that I'd type, print, laminate and have them posted on our bedroom wall (pag naka-move na kmi) so everyday we'd be reminded of the promises we made that aren't supposed to be broken. And whenever we fight, i'd just finger point the posting on the wall. Sana nga ganun lang ka-simple pag may away. :)

Instead of opening MS Word, I decided to open blogger. I'd type my vows here and just copy in Word for printing purpose. (This is one of the things in my long time pending to do list). Anywayz, here's how our wedding vows go...


Francis to Apple

My Dear Apple,

Time passed by so swiftly that from Day 1 of preparation upto the last minute of shoe-searching, thank God this day has arrived. And expenses will be finally put on hault. I never thought preparing for such an event, bankruptcy will be part of it. Kidding aside, preparing the wedding with you was not an easy task. It's even more complex than any engineering problems I have solved where given, required and solutions can be derived, where formulas can be used to make things easier. But you are entirely different. Your complexity makes it more interesting. Your out-of-this-world tantrums are hard to miss. But inspite of all these challenging experiences, there are two words that come to my mind when I look back. Joy and Peace. I am joyful because I know I will be marrying the right girl and I have an inner peace in my heart that transcends all understanding and those things are happening when I am with you.

One time I remember, I pray to God and ask if He could give me a lifetime partner with these two traits. One, a loving wife. Two, a partner who does not snore at night. I think I have observed those two things well and you exceedingly passed it.

Apple, I just have two requests. If things get rough and waves are high in our married life, please don't throw my Transformer Robots collection away. And second, DON'T GIVE UP. Because I HAVE NO PLANS OF GIVING UP ON YOU. Secondary to God, you are next already. And I'm planning to make it that way for the rest of my life.

You are the one that I am looking for and I'm just glad that the search is over. I cannot promise you a life of bed of roses because we both know thorns are present along the way. But I PROMISE YOU a life God intended it to be. A LIFE THAT IS FULL OF LOVE AND JOY. Thank you for being mine. I LOVE YOU, APPLE, MORE THAN WHAT I COULD SHOW.

signed
FRANCIS
(totoo may signature signature pa talaga ung sa kanya :))


Apple to Francis

For years I have been praying. Asking the Lord to prepare me while He is preparing my man.

I asked Him to gear up my guy with a long string of patiencet o bear my hard-headedness and put up with the turmoil that I could put him through. I asked for someone loving, someone who is willing to love not only me but also the people and things that are important to me yet will remain as my faithful partner. I asked the Lord for someone with a good heart who can influence me to be a better person.

And in His perfect time, the Lord made our paths crossed once again and all my prayers have been answered. FRANCIS,  YOU ARE EVERYTHING I HOPED FOR AND FAR BETTER THAN WHAT I HAVE PRAYED FOR.

In appreciation of my special blessing, I VOW to be not just your companion but TO BE YOUR BESTFRIEND, TO SHARE YOUR JOY IN EVERY VICTORY AND TO GIVE YOU A HAND IN TIMES OF SADNESS. I VOW TO BE YOUR HELPMATE, TO CO-LABOR WITH YOU IN BUILDING A HAPPY FAMILY, TO BE YOUR FAITHFUL LOVER AND YOUR CARING WIFE.

Today, in front of our families and close friends, and with GOD as our witness, I TAKE YOU, FRANCIS, AS MY FOREVER COMPANION AND VOW TO SUBMIT TO YOUR LEADERSHIP.


Sabi ko I'll take him as my FOREVER companion. So, hindi ko na sya pede isoli sa nanay nya. :))

Btw, today is our third month of being Husband and Wife.


Apple
struggling to be a Mabait na wifey

9 comments:

Pukaykay said...

Aww... sweet!
Kwento ka pa =)


hmmm...makagawa nga rin ng ganito. @Glenn, alam ko nababasa mo to. Sa 3rd year natin, me ganito tayong sulatan ha. =P

rence said...

ang very sweet nga!

buti may mga mababait pang mga lalake no? akala ko noon walang ganon.

CAMEinLATE said...

Aaaah! Hopeless romantic ako kaya pag nakakabasa ng mga ganito... nata-touch ako!

Apol :) said...

Jami - more kwento's pa soon. :) ...at hihintayin ko ang 3rd year sulatan nyo ni Glenn. :)

Rence - oo nga meron pa. tsaka d ba "ask and you shall receive" :)

thanks for the visit. im reading your posts, too.

Mama Kaye - gawa tayo hopeless romantic club. hehehe! :)

xAnDz said...

awww...sweet naman..ung transformer ang highlight..hehe..=)dont worry carry mo na maging mabait na wife..naalala ko ung chika mo about avatar movie and the muffin/cinnamon ba yun from starbucks...labs na labs ka tlga ni kasmot..Stay happy & Blessed...labs&tabs

Apol :) said...

Xandz - hahaha! kahit kelan yang Transformers na 'yan!

haha! 'yung Avatar at cinnamon swirl. nakakainis nung actual na nangyari pero ngyon funny na sya. :D

Salamatz. GOD BLESS u, guys! :)

Anonymous said...

wow.. how sweet.. sana kmi din mk gawa ng vows nmin na naka-frame para ituturo ko n lng din pg nag aaway kami. hehehe. nice applet.. miss reading your blogs. ~ abisan

kg said...

that is so sweet!

i love that your husband has such a sense of humor, especially "if things get rough and waves are high in our married life, please don't throw my Transformer Robots collection away"-- so now you know! :)

Apol :) said...

Mamabee - nung sinabi mo na naka-frame naisip ko tuloy ang jologs pala ng plan ko kase laminate lang. haha! oo nga, mas nice if naka-frame. :)

imishuuu!

KG - Hi, Grace! Palagi talagang nakiki-eksena ang robots nya. But he doesn't need to worry kase wala PA naman akong plan kahit ibenta ang toys nya. :)