Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Pag-uwi Experience

I wasn't able to board on 3:45 am flight!

I forgot to mention in my previous blog that I tried agad self check-in (u use the touch screen monitor to log ur e-ticket number, choose ur seat & take ur boarding pass) as soon as I reached the Emirates staff area at the airport (No, I'm not an Emirates staff but beneficiaries also go in the same room). The system did not accept my number. i tried 3 times baka lang kase may mali somewhere sa pag-input ko.

Then my dumating na isang kabayan staff who assisted me. she too tried to log my number but was not successful. then she asked, confirmed naman ticket mo, d ba?


Huh?!?
i said, "No. i'm using ID 50 (50% discounted)."

Sabi nya, "Ah, cguro puno ang flight. pero halika dito, check-in na kita." She mans one of the counters pala. Cguro galing syang breaktime then saktong pabalik sa pwesto nya when I saw her. Inuna nya ako. Thank you, ate! =)

I normally use naman kase the self check in thing. akala ko pwede palagi. cguro ung mga previous na uwi ko maluluwag talaga ang flight kaya naman I had no trouble at all.

Then un nga, the flight is so puno. The staff said, we (medyo madami din kami using ID 50, some ID 90) have no chance. I took it as a joke and i didn't move an inch. but when I saw them closing the counters, sabi ko "Ay, wala na nga." Hello, bakit naman kase sila magjo-joke d ba?!? Ewan ko ba sa sarili ko. hehe!

I called Francis.

I called Mom.

I called my brother who said, "Loka ka! e hindi naman confirm ang ticket mo bakit ka magse-self check in?!" Sorry na. Hindi ko nga alam e. Then he told me to go back sa flat to rest. sabi ko i'll just wait sa airport kase I have to make pila again at 7am para sa 10:30 am flight.

Then I roam at the airport, was able to buy my Dad's bilin na shaver (sa Pinas ko na sana bibilhin e) and took a nap ng nakaupo. At 6am (kahit pa sinabi nilang 7am nga e), may nag-initiate na ng pila. I lined up na rin and was number 4 in queue. Then super hintay moment na naman!

Then one of the staff, daughter of (Tita) one of the waitlisters, said that we should go at the outside counter since line for the waitlisters is there. Ako naman and the other girl na nakachikahan ko na sa pila went there and later agreed na maghiwalay kami to wait and see kung saan tatawagin ang names namin.

Para kaming college students waiting for our instructors to announce our grades. I had a feeling i'll get a seat but wouldn't want to be over confident kase that's the same feeling i had sa 3:45 am flight pero d naman ako nakasakay! hehe! i formulated plans na rin just in case the 10:30 am flight is too full to accomodate me.

Ung mga kaibigan kong may confirmed tickets ng 10:30 saw me and asked why i'm still at the airport. hehe! nag-abot pa tuloy kami. a day before, i told them mauuna lang ako sa kanila makatapak sa lupa ng Pinas... hindi pala. tsk, tsk.

Sabi ni Tita, "Akala nila masaya ang staff ticket. D nila alam ganito inaabot natin." ...Well, that is the price we pay. Remember we only paid half!

At 9:45 am we were given boarding pass... Salamat!

Hello, P I N A S! =)


ApPLe
Balikbayan 03/13/2009

No comments: